Saturday, April 30, 2011

Girl, 10, finds a 5ft-long corn snake in the BATHROOM



A 10-year-old girl has told of the terrifying moment she went to the bathroom and was confronted by a 5ft-long corn snake.
Roberta Vaituke noticed the red spotted snake flattened against a wall when she popped in to use the toilet.
In a scene that would be more familiar to nightmares or horror movies, the creature had slithered up through the loo and found its way into the bathroom in Portsmouth, Hampshire.


Roberta was frozen to the spot for a minute before running to the living room to alert her parents and brother.
They plugged up the sink to stop the hissing snake from escaping and waited for the RSPCA to remove it from their house.
The snake is believed to be a pet called Sammy which escaped from a tank in a neighbour's home six months ago.
The only explanation the family can come up with for their visitor's unwelcome appearance is that it slithered through sewage pipes and up through their toilet.


Roberta said: 'I just lost all words and stood completely frozen for ages when I realised it was a snake.
'I didn't move for a minute then I ran into the living room and hid on the sofa.
'My mum had been in there half an hour before me but she didn't see it.
'I don't want to have that happen to me again. Although I am looking forward to going back to school and telling my friends all about it.'



Family friend Vilma Zekoniene, 37, helped Roberta's parents, who do not speak English, to report their predicament to the authorities.
The 37 year old, an interpreter for Portsmouth City Council, said: 'Roberta's brother Rimvydas called me to say they needed help.
'The bathroom has no window so it must have come up through the toilet.
'It tried to get down through the sink and escape so they had to plug it up.
'It was knocking everything off the shelves. They could hear it from the other side of the door.
'It was hissing but it wasn't biting so they said it must not have been very hungry.
'I stayed at home because I am terrified of snakes. If it was my house I would have to move.'
Sammy's owner Harry Sharpe, 20, thought his pet would have died of malnutrition since he disappeared six months ago.
He said: 'I'm not sure how he has survived for so long without any food. He must have been eating mice down there.
'He's a friendly snake. I just want him back now.'
The snake, which is pale white with red spots, was taken away by the RSPCA.








.

2 Penyokong CHELSEA:

Anonymous said...

panjangnya ular tu.

bersama kak Es on April 30, 2011 at 2:08 PM said...

5ft sama tinggi dgn org dewasa..

geliiii

 

Lulu pages Copyright © 2011 Designed by Alieff. Wanna get one? CLICK HERE!