Tuesday, October 18, 2011

'She will win this fight': Guiliana Rancic's husband Bill rallies around wife after breast cancer diagnosis

Giuliana Rancic's husband Bill is positive his wife will win her brave battle with breast cancer.
The former Apprentice star, who married the E! News presenter in 2007, stood strong and resolute as he said the 37-year-old 'will win this fight'.
The 40-year-old entrepreneur thanked family, friends and fans, who have flooded the couple with well-wishes following Guiliana's revelation that she had been diagnosed with cancer on NBC's Today Show this morning.

Bill tweeted today: 'Thank you for all ur love & support today. G is reading all your messages. She will win this fight, I PROMISE, & be back better than ever!'
Giuliana said this morning that her husband had been a 'unbelievable' pillar of support.
'The best thing about Bill is, he lets me cry when I want to cry,' she said.
Meanwhile, the Style Network star has also admitted that going public with her news was 'emotional', but it was essential.
'I have so many young female viewers who watch me and I want to help them,' she said during an interview with E!, set to air tonight.

'I have an amazing platform to really help people so that's why it was really important for me share this story.'
In the interview, she also said she hoped her own story would inspire and urge others to get a check up.
'I think we've done such a good job of raising awareness for breast cancer, but then you have to take awareness and turn it into action,' she said.
'The action for women is just make that appointment with your doctor, make sure you're going to your yearly appointment, figure out how to give yourself a self exam.'


'...I am one of the lucky ones in that I did find out earlier.'
Bill, who also appears in the interview, said the couple have a positive outlook.
'I think our story has a happy ending and the good thing is that it's very treatable,' he said.
Doctors are optimistic they have detected Giuliana's cancer tumour early and that she will make a full recovery.
The TV star first discovered she had breast cancer while undergoing in-vitro fertilisation in a bid to get pregnant.

She made the announcement on NBC's Today Show this morning, admitting she will undergo surgery later this week.
She said: 'Through my attempt to get pregnant through IVF, we sadly found out that I have early stages of breast cancer. It's been a shock.'
Giuliana and Bill were preparing to undergo a third round of IVF treatment after two failed attempts when a doctor asked her to have a mammogram.
She was initially resistant to the idea because she considered herself to young to be at risk, but the doctor demanded she undergo the test because the surge of hormones during pregnancy can accelerate cancer.

She explained: 'I wasn't prepared to get a mammogram until I was 40 years old, like I'd been told. I never in my wildest dreams expected anything to be wrong. It was just a kick in the stomach.'


Recalling the moment she found out, Giuliana said: 'I went into the hospital in L.A., when they came in to tell me, they said it pretty quickly, they just said, "I'm sorry, you have breast cancer."
'It's what you expect, but so much more, it was like, incredible instant sobbing and the world just crashed down around me. I couldn't believe it - 36 years old, no family history? I couldn't believe it.'
Despite her illness, Giuliana is hopeful she and her husband will be able to resume IVF after her cancer treatment.
She said: 'I still want this baby ... because this baby has saved my life. I truly feel God was looking out after me... If I had gotten pregnant later down the line, I could have been a lot sicker.'










.

2 Penyokong CHELSEA:

emy|farid on October 18, 2011 at 2:53 PM said...

kesian nya diorg ni. but i know they are the fighter

Hanis Azla on October 18, 2011 at 3:12 PM said...

dugaan buat mereka.. semoga G kuat menghadapinya..

 

Lulu pages Copyright © 2011 Designed by Alieff. Wanna get one? CLICK HERE!