Thursday, March 31, 2011

[TRAGIC] Father survives breaking almost every bone in his body in 100ft fall from tower block


You would have thought that falling more than 100ft from the ninth storey of a tower block would be enough to kill you instantly.
But that's not the case for father-of-one, Angelo Nicotra, who cheated death and survived survived such a fall from his flat in Birmingham.
Admittedly he broke practically every bone in his body when he landed on the concrete pavement below, but the 22-year-old is now making a good recovery and ready to go home.


He fell from the balcony while on sleeping tablets and he believes these led to hallucinations. He was taken to Heartlands Hospital where he's had eight operations to treat his shattered ankles, pelvis, arms, heels and jaw following the accident in the Ward End area of the city three days after Christmas.
The fall has left the once toned and muscled young man in a poor physical condition.


But now, three months after the accident, he is finally ready to leave hospital to spend more time at home with his son, Angelo Junior, and he has now moved to a new flat. This time on the ground floor.
At the time of the incident he said he was on sleeping pills following relationship problems and being unable to find a job, leaving him depressed.
He said: 'I think I must have been hallucinating. I can't remember the fall at all and just remember waking up in hospital.


'I broke nearly every bone in my body and it has been a long slog. I had to have two metal rods coming out of my pelvis and I didn't know if I would ever walk again.
'But I survived and that makes you think about life and everything you have got. I've got a son and I will be here for him.
'I was very depressed and had been back and forth to the Job Centre with no joy and no calls before I fell.




'But lying in hospital for three months with huge pins sticking out of my bones and a cage around my jaw has made me realise how important life is.
'I can't believe I am well enough to walk already and to get out of hospital.'
Consultant orthopaedic surgeon Andreas Sambatakakis carried out many of the operations on Angelo and said that he was lucky to be alive.
Intricate operations had to be carried out to fix pins into all his limbs including special rods to fix the bones in his feet into place.
Mr Sambatakakis said: 'Angelo has been at Heartlands for three months and has made a miraculous recovery so far.

'Having broken nearly all the bones in his body he suffered severe damage to all four limbs and was in a life threatening condition when he arrived in hospital.
'After numerous operations, a daily routine of intensive physiotherapy and a number of courses of antibiotics he is making great progress and we expect him to make a good recovery from his injuries.
'Looking at the extent of Angelo's injuries he is certainly lucky to be alive.'



.

0 Penyokong CHELSEA:

 

Lulu pages Copyright © 2011 Designed by Alieff. Wanna get one? CLICK HERE!