Thursday, March 1, 2012

Couple born on same maternity ward tie knot 22 years later


A couple have proved are destined to be together from the cradle to the grave after tying the knot - 22 years since they were separated at birth.
Both Richard and Kayleigh Brookes' mothers were in hospital at the same time in 1989 giving birth to them on the same maternity ward.

Years later, the two were put in the same class at secondary school and became first loves at the tender age of fifteen.
And it seems Cupid’s arrow was always going to bring the pair together, as they have now completed their fairy-tale with a white wedding last Saturday at St John the Baptist Church in Halesowen, West Midlands.

'We couldn’t believe it when we realised our mothers were in the hospital at the same time,' said Richard.

'I was born on April 22 and Kayleigh on April 25 but my mother had to stay on the ward for a week so they were there at the same time.'I was always in trouble at school and once I got beaten up and only Kayleigh texted to see how I was. After that we started going out and we’ve never spent a day apart since.

'Everyone said it wouldn’t work, including the teachers, but we have proved everyone wrong and I could not be more happy.'

Delivery driver Richard, 22, proposed to Kayleigh at her 21st birthday party surrounded by her family as it was also her father's birthday.
He got down on one knee to her favourite song - Boyzone’s ‘Every Day I Love You’ - before popping the question.

'Our families both really get on especially because what happened with our mothers so the wedding was like one big happy family,' added. Richard.


'The wedding was perfect, even if we had won the lottery beforehand we would have not changed a thing.'
The couple, who now live together in Oldbury, West Midlands, have since jetted off to Las Vegas for their honeymoon.
They first met at school when they were 11-years-old but didn’t become close until Kayleigh sent Richard that text after he was beaten up.

But lovestruck Kayleigh admitted she always had a soft spot for Richard and would flirt with him.
They got together soon after but picture-perfect story was so close to failing at the first hurdle.
'Everyone at school said I shouldn’t go out with him as he was always getting trouble and it wouldn’t last five minutes but we have proved everyone wrong,' said the accounts assistant.

'People at school were horrible. Everyone warned me off him and told my mum and dad he was trouble but they are still waiting to see any signs of trouble.
'My feelings were strong enough and I followed my own mind.

'We are like Romeo and Juliet but both our families get on together so the wedding day was perfect.

'It was lovely when we found out we were in the same ward together as babies as it means we will be together from the start to finish of our lives and we’ve never met anyone else who can say that.
'We are hoping we will be as lucky in Las Vegas as we have been in love.'





.

2 Penyokong CHELSEA:

Unknown on March 2, 2012 at 12:34 AM said...

kalau di filemkan pasti bakal jadi 'filem cinta romantis yg box office...'....

Anonymous said...

Very great post. I just stumbled upon your weblog
and wanted to mention that I've really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I'll be subscribing to your rss feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!
My webpage :: flirten tipps

 

Lulu pages Copyright © 2011 Designed by Alieff. Wanna get one? CLICK HERE!