Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mother told she had miscarried and offered pills to bring on labour told she is still pregnant



A mother left grieving after doctors told her she had miscarriage, found out she was still pregnant two weeks later.
Mother-of-two Chelsea Muff, asked for a second scan at Bradford Royal Infirmary because she was still showing signs of being pregnant. The ultrasound revealed her baby was still alive.
The 32-year-old who is now almost four months pregnant, said she had been left 'shocked and upset' by the ordeal.


She said: 'It happened very quickly, after they gave me the scan and told me I had miscarried they offered me tablets to bring on labour there and then.
'They offered me the tablets, which I didn't take, and booked me in for an operation for two weeks later.

'I didn't take them because, to be quite honest, I didn't want to believe it was happening to me.

'I didn't go for the operation, I couldn't face it, but phoned up and booked myself in for another scan - I didn't mention I hadn't gone in for surgery.
'I couldn't give up yet and wanted to go in for one last chance. I still felt like I was pregnant and was showing signs like a weak bladder and putting weight on so I wanted to be sure.


'I had been reading up about miscarriages and in all cases the women involved had been given internal scans, something which I didn't get.
'I was going to ask for this after my second scan but then they told me my baby was alive.'
The mother who also has Corey, 14, and Destiny, 11, added: 'Of course I am happy that my baby is alive but my emotions are still up and down. I worry that if they made a mistake the first time they could make another one and maybe got the second scan wrong.

'I worry a lot more and am being very cautious when I'm at work, and am careful with things like lifting.

'I am quite disgusted by the way the hospital have dealt with it, they haven't even phoned up to see how I'm doing.' 

An investigation has been launched by the hospital. A spokesman for Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust said: 'We sympathise with Miss Muff for the distress she has experienced.
'The Foundation Trust is taking all necessary actions to investigate the circumstances and has contacted Miss Muff directly to discuss her concerns.'

 

.

0 Penyokong CHELSEA:

 

Lulu pages Copyright © 2011 Designed by Alieff. Wanna get one? CLICK HERE!