Sunday, August 7, 2011

Student, 17, who had stomach ache while shopping astonished to find she is going into LABOUR



A teenager rushed to hospital with severe stomach pains was stunned to discover she was nine months pregnant - and going into labour.
Student Alexandra Staddon, 17, had no idea she was carrying a child because she did not have morning sickness and was having normal periods.
She was rushed to hospital after experiencing pain while out shopping in Bristol with her mother.

Alex was shocked to learn she was heavily pregnant and gave birth to healthy son Matthew Jake just hours later.
She said today: 'I didn't have any idea I was pregnant. I didn't have any symptoms - I had periods throughout and was never sick.
'I just thought I had put on a bit of weight.'
The student from Bristol starting dating her boyfriend Joseph Kennington, also 17, in April last year.
The couple, who have known each other for years, had no idea Matthew had been conceived last October.

Then last month Alex went into labour at Bristol's Broadmead shopping centre.
'I had really bad stomach ache and I had just been taking paracetemol and using a hot water bottle,' Miss Staddon said.
'I was out with my mum and she said, 'something's not right. You look like I did when I was in labour'.'
After being rushed to St Michael's Hospital, Bristol, Alex had a scan which revealed the baby at the top of the womb.
She said: 'When I got there staff didn't think I was pregnant but I had a scan and there was this huge baby under the ribs. I just started crying.
'It was a really quick labour - literally a few hours and I just cried through most of it.'

Fellow-student Joseph was at a friend's house and had no idea what was happening.
He said: 'Alex's dad called my dad because he didn't know where I was.
'He got hold of me at my friend's house at about 2.50am and said, 'you've got to come because Alex has gone into labour'.
'At first I thought he was having a laugh. I just couldn't believe it.'
Luckily he made it to the hospital just in time for the arrival of his son.
Joseph added: 'It was just a huge shock. My mum is only 37 and has become a grandmother but both our parents have been really supportive.
'A lot of our friends were really surprised and wanted to know why we hadn't told them Alex was pregnant. We had to say that we didn't know ourselves.'
Matthew was born weighing a healthy 7lbs 6oz and the couple said that although they weren't prepared for his arrival, they wouldn't change anything.
Joseph said: 'We didn't have any baby things so we had to go out and buy a lot and then Alex and Matthew were allowed home on the following day.
'I'm used to being around children as my little brother is five and I have a younger sister. I'm used to feeding and changing babies so we're taking it in our stride.
'We're both really happy.'
The couple are both due to return to City of Bristol College in September.
Alex said: 'There's a creche at college so we're hoping to continue our studies.
'It was a shock but I'm happy he was born healthy and wouldn't change a thing.'




.

2 Penyokong CHELSEA:

Akmall Razlan on August 7, 2011 at 5:05 PM said...

ada gak yg cmni...hehiheuhuhiheie

Acik on August 7, 2011 at 5:58 PM said...

boleh plak camtu ... 9 bulan mengandung tp x taw. n period cam biasa? pelik ...

 

Lulu pages Copyright © 2011 Designed by Alieff. Wanna get one? CLICK HERE!